PROMOTING HISPANIC EDUCATION SINCE 1983
BECOME A PART OF OUR STORY
Volunteer with Esperanza!
Thank you for saying "yes" to Esperanza!
All too often, we take for granted the positive efforts of a few, who by their actions greatly benefit many. In the non-profit world, those who contribute are paid in six figures: S-M-I-L-E-S. The truth is, it takes a certain type of person to give their time and knowledge to people they’ve never met in hopes that they will take something away from the experience. Lucky for us, you chose Esperanza, Inc. and we are very thankful that you did. The work that you will do will not go unnoticed, and will be greatly appreciated by all. You will meet many great people, students and other volunteers alike. We are all working with the same goal in mind, and without you, we wouldn’t be able to reach our goals.
We welcome you openly and hope you have a unforgettable volunteer experience at Esperanza!
“The heart of a volunteer is not measured in size, but by the depth of the commitment to make a difference in the lives of others.”
— DeAnn Hollis
Esperanza Volunteering Program Statement of Commitment & Excellence
As part of our mission to promote Hispanic education, Esperanza, Inc. understands the importance of support and positive role models for our youth. The Volunteering Program is committed to supporting our program participants, scholarship recipients and families with timely, appropriate, high quality, and committed volunteers that will come from the community at large. We welcome all members of the greater Cleveland community to volunteer with us in a wide range of activities, ultimately impacting positively our mission.
Volunteers participate with our programs, as well as one-time events. Our programs are:
- Mentoring Program
- HYLP (Hispanic Youth Leadership Program)
- SISCO (The Stay in School for College and Career Opportunities Program)
- Family Engagement Program
- Saturday Academy Program
- Tutoring Program
Steps to becoming a volunteer
- Submit your interest with us.
Schedule and attend an interview where you will:
a.) Receive details on our programs and decide which programs appeal to you
b.) Complete our Media Release form (voluntary)
c.) Provide information for background checks
- If you have a successful background check, we will send you our online volunteer application which you must complete.
- You will then be an Esperanza, Inc. volunteer!
* NOTE: Anyone who wishes to volunteer in CMSD schools must go through the CMSD volunteer application process, which can take 3-4 weeks.
Links and resources
- FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Adria Hankey-Brown firstname.lastname@example.org (216) 651-7178 x6011
- 2015-2016 Academic Year Opportunities
- Volunteer flyer
- Contact us: Yes, I'm interested in volunteering!
- Like our Facebook page
- View our Flickr photo albums
INTERNSHIPS WITH ESPERANZA!
Current internship opportunities include:
- FALL/WINTER 2015: Volunteer Outreach